8.14.2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!

So... I finally finished my mom's birthday present, only a week late!!  Sorry!!  The idea was there but took a while to come to fruition!!  :)  I really like how it turned out!  I usually don't write this much, because I don't like reading a lot of stuff on blogs.  So if you don't want to read the how, just scroll to the bottom for the supplies!!  :)

The inside was pretty easy, the pics are 3x3 each.  However... putting the brads in was a pain because I put them JUST far enough in that my hand-held hole punch would reach.  So I had to try the crop-o-dile (which mutilated the ribbon... why I switched from the brads on the left to the right!!) and then finally used the crafter's tool kit and the hole punch and hammer in there.  I still wouldn't pick doing it that way because it wrinkled the ribbon and I had to straighten it back out when I was done!!

The frame took the longest.  Probably because I'm me and I can't do anything creative the easy way:)  That's why I like to case things!!  I got it for $4 at AC Moore, which was great for an 8x10 frame I thought.  It was just a maple looking wood frame.  First I sanded it down, then I put on 4 coats of paint.  I used a hodge podge mix of acrylic paints that I had hiding in the basement:)  The first coat was a Ruby Red color, then a Close to Cocoa like color, then a Groovy Guava-ish shade, and finally a Very Vanilla on top!  After all that I sanded down the frame to "shabby chic" it.  I dyed the pretties flowers using a River Rock and Groovy Guava reinker in an old stamp container.  I let them dry overnight, but still had to wipe off extra ink.  I think there is a better way to do it out there, but I couldn't find it and got sick of looking!!  I used a bunch of glue dots to get the flowers to stay.  

Lauren

Supplies
Stamps:  
Ink:  Ruby Red (edges of scripture), Groovy Guava and River Rock reinker (for flowers)
Paper:  Ginger Blossom DSP, Very Vanilla cardstock (scripture)
Accessories:  Cutter Kit, River Rock and Groovy Guava double stitched ribbon, Very Vanilla 5/8" grosgrain ribbon, Pretties, Crafter's Tool Kit, Earth Elements brads, glue dots, frame from AC Moore 8x10, sand paper, acrylic paint

No comments: