8.11.2008

Block Gifts


These were last year's Christmas presents!  I took wood blocks (my friend so nicely cut them for me!)  Spray painted a primer on them, and painted them.  Then I took my big square punch and punched out patterned paper for each side of each block.  Then I used Mod Podge to adhere the paper to each side of the blocks.  Finally, I used my alphabet stamps and stamped out messages and used my smaller square punch to punch those out and adhered them with Mod Podge as well!  I used matte finish Mod Podge, and I would also sand the bottom of each block when you are done so they don't stick:)  Very cost efficient presents, I would recommend doing it!

Lauren:)

Supplies
Stamps:  Big Deal Alphabet, Best Friends lower Alphabet, Short Order Alphabet
Ink:  lots!
Paper:  designer series paper and Whisper White cardstock
Accessories:  wood blocks, acrylic paint, Mod Podge matte, square punches, sandpaper

No comments: